Carbondale Public Library Board to discuss Internet policy
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 10.
The Carbondale Public Library board of trustees oversees all operations at the library.
Here is the agenda as provided by Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees:
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees
Library Meeting Room, 405 West Main St.
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Call to order.
Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes. The Library Board may cut short any comments that are irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. (Id. at 1425-26).
1. Approval of the July 13, 2016 minutes.
Correspondence and communications.
1. Approval of bills payable up to and including bills due August 16, 2016 to September 15, 2016.
2. Acceptance of the financial report for July 2016.
1. Building and grounds maintenance and construction.
a. Decisions about plans and estimated probable costs on south wall of the Brush building.
3. Discussion about the library’s role in finding solutions to violence in the community.
1. Review and revise Electronic Information Network policy, including Internet Access and Internet Safety to ensure current and accurate language.
2. Reaffirmation of ongoing CIPA compliance: The library board certifies that the Carbondale Public Library is CIPA compliant and has maintained CIPA compliance since the federal adoption of the Children’s Internet Protection Act.
Next Board Meetings for 2016 (all in Public Library meeting room, 4:30 p.m., second Wednesday of each month): September 14; October 12; November 9; December 14.
Organizations in this Story
405 W. Main St.