Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees re-elects president, VP
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees met Wednesday, June 8.
The Carbondale Public Library board of trustees oversees all operations at the library.
Here are the minutes as provided by Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees:
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees Wednesday, June 8, 2016 Meeting Room 4:30 p.m. 405 West Main St.
MINUTES Call to order. Called to order at 4:33 p.m.
Roll call. Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes. The Library Board may cut short any comments that are irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. (Id. at 1425-26).
Present. Philip Brown, President Joyce Hayes, Secretary, Roland Person, Harriet Simon, Sharifa Stewart, Susan Tulis
Absent. Barbara Levine, Vice President, Don Prosser, Treasurer, Julian Pei
Staff present. Diana Brawley Sussman, Library Director, Gwen Hall Grosshenrich, Finance Manager
Visitors present. None.
President’s report. 1. Election of Trustee officers (President and Vice President) to begin service July, 2016. Harriet Simon moved to re-elect Philip Brown as President and Barbara Levine as Vice President. Susan Tulis seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
Secretary’s report. 1. Approval of the May 11, 2016 minutes. Roland Person moved to approve the minutes. Susan Tulis seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
Correspondence and communications. None.
1. Approval of bills payable up to and including bills due June 16, 2016 to July 15, 2016. Discussed bills, particularly meeting room repair expenses. Roland Person moved to pay bills. Susan Tulis seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
2. Acceptance of the financial report for May 2016. Gwen Hall Grosshenrich reported that the library has received a little bit of replacement tax revenue. Susan Tulis moved to accept the financial report. Harriet Simon seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
1. Building and grounds maintenance and construction. The Director presented options for managing the deteriorating south wall of the Brush annex building, a prospective building expansion analysis, the results of a building expansion survey answered by ten Illinois libraries, and financial considerations for current and future construction. After much discussion, Roland Person made a motion to select option 1 for the south wall of the Brush building (EIFS infill with windows). Sharifa Stewart seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
2. Illinois Public Library Annual Report (IPLAR). The report is in progress.
3. Other. The Director informed the board of several internal staffing changes.
Committee reports. None.
Unfinished business. None.
1. Vote to appoint FOIA/OMA officer(s). Roland Person moved to continue with current officers for FOIA (Diana Brawley Sussman and Gwen Hall Grosshenrich) and OMA (Diana Brawley Sussman). Joyce Hayes seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
2. Review minutes from closed sessions. Philip Brown moved that the closed session minutes remain closed. Harriet Simon seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
3. Adopt prevailing wage ordinance. Roland Person moved to adopt the prevailing wage ordinance. Joyce Hayes seconded. MOTION passed with 6 ayes, 0 nays, 3 absent.
4. DCI Biologicals Carbondale, LLC ($50 per month per space for parking spaces). Discussion leaned toward receiving at least $50 per space with no guaranteed specific spaces. The only guarantee would be that they won’t get towed. Roland Person moved to authorize the director to negotiate on parking. Susan Tulis seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
Adjournment. Adjourned at 5:43 p.m.
Next Board Meetings for 2016 (all in Public Library meeting room, 4:30 p.m., second Wednesday of each month): July 13; August 10; September 14; October 12; November 9; December 14.
Joyce Hayes, Secretary Prepared by: Diana Brawley Sussman, Library Director
Organizations in this Story
405 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL - 62901