Jefferson County Highway Committee approves federal aid agreement
The Jefferson County Highway Committee met Oct. 20 to approve a federal aid agreement.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the committee:
Call to order
Count board chairman, call the highway committee of the Jefferson county board to order at 6:00 p.m. in the Jefferson county board room.
Upon the call of roll, the following committee members were present: Steve Draege, Randy Edwards, Justin Fulkerson and Jeff Williams.
Other present: Sean Wilkey, Cliff Lindermann, Joyce Damron, James Malone, Bob Watt, Timothy Marlow, Robert White, Sanra Wellmaker, Brandon Simmons, and the media.
Items to be presented for action
A. Pay monthly bills
- motion by Randy Edwards and seconded by Jeff Williams to recommend to the full board to approve monthly claims as presented.
- Motion carried: Ayes 4( Drage, Edwards, Fulkerson, and Williams).
- 0 Nay
B. Monthly fuel: diesel and gasoline
- Motion by Randy Edwards and seconded by Justin Fulkerson to recommend to the full board to award the monthly fuel to Gateway FS at the price of:
$1.7950 per gallon for diesel, and $1.5450 per gallon for gasohol for a combined price $3.3400
- motion carried: Ayes 4 (Drage, Edwards, Fulkerson, and Williams)
- 0 nay
Approval of federal aid agreement - Richview road
No action taken
Award of Tolle Lane Bridge
- motion by Randy Edwards and seconded by Jeff Williams to recommend to the full board to award section 14-07107-00-BR, a bridge in Field township on Tolle lane, to low bidder Dees Inc., West Frankfort, Illinois in the amount of One hundred seventy seven thousand seven hundred nine dollars and no/100 ($177,709.00)
motion carried: Ayes 4 (Draege, Edwards, Fulkerson, and Williams).
- 0 Nay
Items for information
A. Project updates
B. 4 year plans:
a. replacement and rehabilitation
b. township bridge program
c. surface transportation program
B. Report of monthly motor fuel tax allotments
C. Any other business necessary and proper.
A. Discuss the appointment(S), employment, compensation, discipline, real estate, collective bargaining, negotiating matters and update of pending litigations if needed (5ILCS.120/2 (1)(2011),
Motion to recess
- motion by Justin Fulkerson and seconded by Randy Edwards to adjourn.
- motion carrried: 4 ayes - (Draege, Edwards, Fulkerson, and Williams)
- 0 Nay
Meeting recessed at: 6:14 p.m.
Organizations in this Story
100 S 10th St
Mt Vernon, IL - 62864