Waterloo City Council presents neighborhood award
The Waterloo City Council met Dec. 5 to present the Good Neighborhood Award.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
WATERLOO CITY COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
Date: December 05, 2016
Time: 7:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Correction or Withdrawal of Agenda Items by Sponsor.
5. Approval of Minutes as Written or Amended.
6. Petitions by Citizens on Non-Agenda Items.
7. Reports and Communications from the Mayor and other City Officers.
A. Report of Collector.
B. Report of Treasurer.
C. Report of Zoning Administrator.
D. Report of Director of Public Works.
E. Report of Chief of Police.
F. Report of City Attorney.
G. Report and Communication by Mayor.
1. Presentation of Certificate of Commendation to Jenna Schwartz for her recent 6th Place finish
at the IHSA State Cross Country Meet.
2. Presentation of the Good Neighbor Award to Monte Wolfe, Nancy Wolfe, Alex Wolfe and
the Sure Shine Auto Wash.
3. Presentation of the IMEA Electric Efficiency Program Incentive Check for Efficient Lighting
Measures to Willie’s West End, 107 S. Moore Street, in the Amount of $890.12.
4. Swearing in of Michael Douglas as the Chief of Police for the City of Waterloo, Illinois.
8. Report of Standing Committees.
9. Report of Special Committees.
10. Presentation of Communications, Petitions, Resolutions, Orders and Ordinances by Aldermen.
A. Consideration and Action on Resolution No. 16-12 Approving an Amendment to the Interconnection
Policy for On-Site Generation Facility Connection to the City of Waterloo Electric System, to Include
Customer Insurance Requirements.
11. Unfinished Business.
12. Miscellaneous Business.
A. Consideration and Action on Warrant No. 548
B. Consideration and Action on One-Quarter Page Advertisement in the Amount of $1,738.50 to be
Placved in the Scott Air Force Base Newcomer’s Guide & My Base Guide Mobile App. ($825 to be
paid from Community Relations and $913.50 to be paid from Hotel /Motel Tax Fund.)
C. Consideration and Action on Payment of Membership Dues to the IML in the amount of $1,000.00.
D. Consideration and Action on Purchase of a F250 4x4 Pick-Up Truck for the Electric Line Department
in the Amount of $29,840.00 from Morrow Brothers Ford through the State Purchasing Program. (less
than budgeted item amount)
E. Consideration and Action on Purchase of a Compact Track Loader from John Fabick Tractor Company
in the Amount of $68,442.32 per bid received on 11-08-16. (less than budgeted item amount)
F. Consideration and Action on Raffle License Request and Waiver of Bond from Gallagher’s Food
Service Inc. and the Waterloo Optimist Club for a Raffle to be held on December 24, 2016, 9:00 p.m.,
at Gallagher’s Restaurant.
G. Consideration and Action on Proposed Execution of a Labor Agreement (01-01-16 to 12-31-19)
between the City of Waterloo, Illinois and the Fraternal Order of Police.
13. Discussion of Matters by Council Members Arising After Agenda Deadline.
14. Motion to Adjourn.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Dec. 08, 2016 – Violence Prevention Meeting, Waterloo City Hall: Second Floor, 4:00 p.m.
Dec. 12, 2016 – Planning Commission Meeting, Waterloo City Hall: Council Chambers, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 13, 2016 – Sister Cities Meeting, Waterloo City Hall: Front Conference Room, 7:00 p.m.
Dec. 14, 2016 – Minister’s Meeting, Waterloo City Hall: Second Floor, 8:00 a.m.
Dec. 14, 2016 – Park District Meeting, Waterloo City Hall: Front Conference Room, 7:00 p.m.
Dec. 15, 2016 – Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, City Hall: Council Chambers, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 19, 2016 – City Council Meeting, Waterloo City Hall: Council Chambers, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 23, 24 and 26, 2016 – City Offices Closed for Christmas Holidays.
Dec. 30 (noon) and 31, 2016 and January 02, 2017 – City Offices Closed for the New Year’s Holiday.
Organizations in this Story
100 W 4th St
Waterloo, IL - 62298-1333