Southwestern Illinois College trustees discuss website upgrade
The Southwestern Illinois College Board of Trustees met Dec. 14 to discuss the website upgrade.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the board:
BOARD OF TRUSTEES Community College District No. 522 Programs and Services for Older Persons Mildred Feurer Hall 201 North Church Street Belleville, Illinois
AGENDA December 14, 2016
I. CALL TO ORDER AT 6:00 P.M. BY CHAIRMAN
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL BY SECRETARY
IV. PUBLIC COMMENTS
V. OATH OF OFFICE
VI. CONSIDERATION OF APPROVAL OF ITEMS ON THE CONSENT
? VII. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A. Executive Session Review, November 16, 2016
B. Executive Session of Executive Session Review, November 16, 2016
C. Regular Board Meeting, November 16, 2016
VIII. APPROVAL OF BILLS
Education Fund $1,491,244.05 Operations & Maintenance Fund 191,601.22 Bond & Interest Fund 3,886,697.92 Restricted Purposes Fund 123,226.46 Trust & Agency Fund 10,425.45 Liability, Protection & Settlement Fund 26,928.09
Grand Total All Funds: $5,730,123.19
? IX. PLANNING AND POLICY COMMITTEE REPORT
A. FIRST READING OF PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO BOARD POLICIES
AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES
1. Consideration of the recommendation to approve first reading of the following
Board Policies and Administrative Procedures:
Board Policy 4003 and Administrative Procedure 4003AP: Admission of Students; Administrative Procedure 4004AP:P Residency; and Board Policy 4011 and Administrative Procedure 4011AP: Evaluation of Prior Knowledge, Experience, and Transfer Credit.
? X. FACILITIES AND FINANCE COMMITTEE REPORT
A. WEBSITE UPGRADE AND PLATFORM TRANSITION
1. Consideration of the recommendation to award the purchase of a website build
on WordPress by Match Box Design, St. Louis, MO in the amount of $40,000.
? XI. PERSONNEL, PROGRAMS AND SERVICES COMMITTEE REPORT
1. Consideration of the recommendation to approve agreements.
B. NEW COURSE FEES
1. Consideration of the recommendation to approve new course fees.
C. HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMY TUITION FOR SUMMER 2017
1. Consideration of the recommendation to approve reduced tuition rate for
Summer 2017 High School Academy at $71 per credit hour.
D. RETIREMENT NOTIFICATION
1. Consideration of the recommendation to accept the retirement notification of
Thomas Zach, Electrical and Electronics Technology Program Coordinator in the Technical Education division, effective close of business May 31, 2018.
1. Consideration of the recommendation to appoint the full-time SWIC EE
position of Accounts Receivable Clerk-Day at the Belleville Campus effective January 3, 2017 at a salary of $31,220 which is Grade 5 of the SWIC Educational Employees IFT-AFT Local 6224 salary schedule.
2. Consideration of the recommendation to appoint the full-time administrative
position of Director of Human Resources effective January 3, 2017 at an annual salary of $79,900 and subject to the Personnel Procedures for Administrators.
3. Consideration of the recommendation to appoint the full-time, grant-funded SWIC EE position of Grant Specialist effective January 3, 2017 at an annual salary of $31,220 which is Grade 5 of the 2016-2017 SWIC Educational Employees IFT-AFT Local 6600 salary schedule and contingent upon the continued receipt of external funding.
F. AWARD OF TENURE
1. Consideration of the recommendation to award faculty tenure to David Mark
Light, Librarian, effective August 14, 2017.
G. RECOMMENDATION FOR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT
1. Consideration of the recommendation for second year reemployment
throughout FY 2017 for the following individuals:
John Bast, Respiratory Care Program; Jerald Bonifield, Industrial Technology and Precision Machining Programs; Diane Dodd, Respiratory Care Program Coordinator; Yvonne Hanger, Health Information Technology Program Coordinator; and Stephanie Reid, Nurse Assistant Program Coordinator.
H. MATERNITY LEAVE REQUEST
1. Consideration of the recommendation to approve maternity leave request for
Jessica Evans, Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Student Employment for the projected period February 7, 2017 through May 9, 2017.
I. RATIFICATION OF FOUNDATION BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1. Consideration of the recommendation to ratify the Foundation Board
appointments of Matthew Gomric, Michael Leopold and Michael Sutton.
J. RATIFICATION OF MONTHLY NOTIFICATION OF PART-TIME
1. Consideration of the recommendation to ratify the part-time and temporary faculty and staff according to Board Policy 3005, Recruitment, Selection and Appointment of Faculty and Staff.
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
XIII. POSSIBLE ACTIONS TAKEN AS A RESULT OF EXECUTIVE
1. Consideration to approve the 2016-2021 Collective Bargaining Agreement between
SWIC and SEIU Local 116 Maintenance Union.
2. Consideration to approve the 2016-2021 Collective Bargaining Agreement between
SWIC and SEIU Local 116 Custodial Union.
3. Consideration to approve the Separation Agreement with Angela Liefer.
4. Consideration to approve Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Fairview
Heights for State Route 159 TIF.
5. Consideration to approve Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Fairview
Heights for Ludwig Drive TIF.
? XIV. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION FOR PARTIAL STUDENT
SUPPORT WHILE ATTENDING A RECOGNIZED PUBLIC COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS
NAME PROGRAM COLLEGE PERIOD
Devin Winter Supported College
Lewis and Clark Community College
Spring 2017, Summer 2017, and Fall 2017
B. ILLINOIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRUSTEE ASSOCIATION
C. BOARD ATTORNEY
A. 2017 MEETING SCHEDULE
1. Consideration of meeting time, meeting day, and meeting place for regular
meetings of the Board of Trustees for calendar year 2017.