Marion City Council makes intersection improvements
The Marion City Council met Jan. 23 to approve an engineering agreement for intersection improvements.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
City of Marion Council Agenda Monday Jan 23rd 2017
CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: January 23, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
MINUTES: Regular Meeting 01/09/2017, Special Meeting 01/12/2017
EXECUTIVE SESSION - Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
A. Council approval of Project Estimate for Carbon Street and The Hill Avenue Intersection Improvements.
B. Council Approval of Clarida & Ziegler Engineering Agreement for the Carbon Street and Hill Avenue Intersection Improvements.
1. Council approval of bid for an ABS pump for Refugee Lift Station.
Municipal Equipment Company Inc. bid new ABS/Sulzer model submersible pump – $6,699.94. Sewer Department.
C and C Pumps & Supply bid new ABS/Sulzer pump $7,419.85.
C and C Pumps & Supply bid to repair existing pump – $4,366.37.
2. Council approval of Fire Department creating a full time Computer Tech/Data Entry position at $13.99 per hour to replace current part-time position.
3. Accept resignation of current part-time Fire Department Clerk, Greg Jones.
4. Council Approval of Resignation of Lynn Vogt from the Library.
5. Council Agenda Items for Hub Recreation Center.
Council approval for:
Part time Hire Recommendations:
Pam Teeter- Swim Instructor at $20.00.
Alexis Rhinesmith – Childwatch at $8.50 per hour.
Katie Green – Wellness Attendant at $9.00 per hour.
Charles Cooley – Sports and Rec. Basketball Instructor at 15.00/hr
Staff Status Change
Lela Crain – Recommendation move to Full time. Lela is currently works part time up to full time around 37-38 hrs/week, receiving most full-time benefits. No pay change rate of $9.00 /hr.
Staff Job Classification Addition
Tyler Underwood (current lifeguard) – recommend addition of job classification of Swim instructor at $20.00 per hour.
Josh Szidik (current lifeguard) – recommend addition of job classification of Swim Instructor at $20.00 per hour.
Hub HVAC projects proposed by G. White, Architect
(A) Infrared thermography of aquatic’s building wall envelope and rood moisture investigation. Proposal attached from Infrared Diagnostics at a cost of $6,925.00.
(B) Cutting core samples to confirm the insulation and vapor Barrier at the roofing level of the aquatic’s building.
See Proposed cost of $1,005.00 from Kehrer Brothers Construction on attached email.
(C)White & Borgognoni Architects: On site monitoring of
Infrared testing, roofing custs and interpreting results,
6. Ordinance 3363 – An Ordinance Approving the Redevelopment Plan and Projects for the Meadowland Pkwy Tax Increment Financing District.
7. Ordinance 3364 – An Ordinance Designating the Redevelopment Project Area for the Marion Meadowland Pkwy Tax Increment Financing District.
8. Ordinance 3365- An Ordinance Adopting Tax Increment Allocation Financing for the Marion Meadowland Pkwy Tax Increment Financing District.
9. Council to discuss concrete supplied by Odum Concrete for the west side of FAI 57 and the east side of FAI 57.
10. Presentation to Council of Opticom GPS Emergency Vehicle Pre0emption for approval of their “Try and Buy” Program.
Organizations in this Story
1102 Tower Square Plaza
Marion, IL - 62959