Freeburg Board of Trustees reviews investments
The village of Freeburg Board of Trustees met Jan. 3 to review investments.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
"The Village President, Village Clerk and Board of Trustees, along with the various department supervisors, oversee the many aspects of maintaining a smooth, orderly government operation for the 4354 residents."
VILLAGE OF FREEBURG
N FREEBURG REGULAR BOARD MEETING Stanley Donald Mike Blaies TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2017 (a 7:30 P.M. VILLAGE ATTORNEY
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Weilmuenster & Keck, P.C.
CALL TO ORDER: Mayor Seth Speiser called the Regular Board Meeting to order at 7:30 p.m., on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 in the Freeburg Municipal Board Room.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Those present and the Board Members recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
ROLL CALL: Trustee Elizabeth (Lisa) Meehling-here; Trustee Mathew (Matt) Trout-here; Trustee Denise Albers - here; Trustee Ramon (Ray) Matchett, Jr. - here; Trustee James (Mike) Blaies - here; Trustee Bert (Dean) Pruett-here; Mayor Seth Speiser-here; (7 present, 0 absent). Mayor Speiser announced there is a quorum.
EXHIBIT A: Mayor Speiser stated, we have the minutes of the previous meeting of December 19, 2016.
Trustee Mathew Trout motioned to accept the minutes from the Regular Board Meeting Monday, December 19, 2016 with corrections and Trustee Elizabeth Meehling seconded the motion. All voting aye, the motion carried.
EXHIBIT B: FINANCE: Trustee Matchett stated, we held a Finance Committee Meeting on Wednesday, December 28,
2016 at 6:00 p.m.
The following item or items were talked about or discussed.
1. Review of Board Lists: Trustee Matchett stated, we Reviewed the Board List.
2. Review of Investments: Trustee Matchett stated Treasurer Bryan Vogel advised the committee we will have $597,000 in CDs coming due in March 2017.
3. Income Statement: Trustee Matchett said, we looked over the Income Statement. Trustee Matchett informed us that Village Administrator Tony Funderburg advised the committee that the Freeburg Police Department are trying to promote the D.A.R.E program.
OLD BUSINESS: 1. Newsletter: Trustee Matchett stated, the Newsletter will be going out this week.
Village of Freeburg Board Meeting Minutes Tuesday, January 3, 2017 Page 1 of 5
WILLAGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETINGS ARE HELD ON THE FIRST AND THIRD MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH
2. FY 2016 Audit/Contract: Trustee Matchett stated, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg has the bid done and it will go out shortly.
NEW BUSINESS: Trustee Matchet advised the committee that Village Administrator Tony Funderburg is starting the budget process.
TREASURER’S REPORT NOc. ATTORNEY'S REPORT: None.
EXHIBIT C: ESDA REPORT: Mayor Speiser stated, everyone should have a copy of Gene's ESDA Report in their board packet, if you have anyone questions on it please call Gene.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: NOne.
EXHIBIT D: REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
1. Zoning Administrator's Report: Mayor Speiser said, next we have our Zoning Administrator's Report. Are there any questions for Zoning Administrator Henning? Hearing none we will move on.
RECOMMENDATIONS OF BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: None. CONTRACTS, RELEASES, AGREEMENTS & ANNEXATIONS: None.
EXHIBIT E: ORDINANCE: Mayor Speiser stated, we have Ordinance #1618. An Ordinance Amending the Liquor Code - Adding Combined On/Off Premise Class of Liquor License
Trustee Elizabeth Meehling motioned to adopt Ordinance #1618 by title only and Trustee Mathew Trout seconded the motion, ROLL CALL: Trustee Elizabeth Meehling-aye, Trustee Mathew Trout -aye, Trustee Ramon Matchett, Jr. -aye, Trustee Bert Pruett -aye, Trustee James Blaies - aye, Denise Albers- aye, (6 ayes, 0 nays, 0 absent). All voting aye, the motion carried.
OLD BUSINESS: NOne. NEW BUSINESS: None. APPOINTMENTS: None.
COMMITTEE MEETING REPORTS:
EXHIBIT F: Legal/Ordinance Committee Meeting:
The following item or items were talked about or discussed:
Trustee Elizabeth (Lisa) Meehling called the meeting of Legal/Ordinance to order at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 28, 2016.
OLD BUSIENSS: 1. Zoning Report/Nuisance Properties: Trustee Meehling stated, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg advised us we are doing all we can within the law regarding the Cedar Lane issues. The residents have received citations for the laws that have been broken, and those citations will be addressed in court. Zoning Administrator Gary Henning has talked to Mark Moerchen and has given him until the end of August to get his property cleaned up. The Yarber hearing for January 5" has been canceled because our code book does not have anything in it for the Board of Appeals to grant. Once the new board is established they will have to look at the situation and give us a definition of what a home business really is. Trustee Meehling stated, the Pearson case has been continued until January 19".
2. Combination of Plan Commission and Board of Appeals. Trustee Meehling stated, Village Administrator Tony Funderburg provided us with a list of people interested in serving on the new combined board. Both Village Administrator Funderburg and Mayor Speiser would like for us to talk to people who have not previously served on either the Plan Commission or Board of Appeals and find out if they are interested in serving on the combined board. We talked about long the terms would be. Village Administrator Tony Funderburg explained to the committee the new board has the terms spaced out with a one-year appointment to a seven-year appointment. Once the initial term is up, then the person serves a five-year term. Mayor Speiser would like to have input on the applicants and would also like to have the selection of new board members for the January 17" board agenda.
3. New Class of Liquor License: Trustee Meehling stated, the new class of liquor license was just voted on earlier on the agenda.
EXHIBIT G: Personnel/Police Committee Meeting:
The following item or items were talked about or discussed:
Trustee Mathew (Matt) Trout called the meeting of Personnel/Police to order at 6:26 p.m. on Wednesday, December 28, 2016.
POLICE: OLD BUSIneSS:
1. Part-time Police Hire: Trustee Trout said, we discussed hiring part-time officers for the Freeburg Police Department. Trustee Trout advised us that the ad was place in the Tribune this past week. Chief Donald said he is sure the word would spread quickly about us hiring part-time police officers.
1. Executive Session to Discuss Personnel, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1): Trustee Trout advised us that we were going to hold an Executive Session which was scheduled. The board decided it was not necessary to hold an Executive Session.
Trustee Trout stated, we did have a discussion on the possibility possible of expanding the police department. If we were to do the expansion of the police department we have the $300,000 from the sale of the cell tower to help with it.
Chief of Police Stan Donald advised there was an active shooter training at the school today.
PERSONNEL: OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: 1. Executive Session: Trustee Trout said, we held an Executive Session to discussed personnel.
GENERAL CONCERNS: None.
Upcoming Meetings: Electric Committee Meeting - Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 5:30 p.m. Water/Sewer Committee Meeting - Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 5:45 p.m. Streets Committee Meeting - Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. CLOSED IN OBSERVANCE OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY-Monday, January 16, 2017.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 7:30 p.m.
VILLAGE MAYOR & TRUSTEES COMMENTS: Trustee Denise Albers - She would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Trustee Elizabeth (Lisa) Meehling - She would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and she is looking forward in serving on the board for the year 2017. Trustee Mathew (Matt) Trout - He hopes everyone had a good holiday. He would like to thank John for everything he did and said in the presentation at the last board meeting for the linemen, officers and everyone that contributed in helping Randy Kasper.Village Clerk Jerry Menard - No thank you. Trustee James (Mike) Blaies -No thank you. Trustee Raymond (Ray) Matchett, Jr. - Happy New Year to everyone. Trustee Bert (Dean) Pruett -No thank you.
STAFF COMMENTS: Village Administrator Tony Funderburg-Happy New Year everyone. Village Attorney Brian Manion - No thank you. Village Zoning Administrator Gary Henning -No thank you.
Village Mayor Comments:
Mayor Seth Speiser - He would like to congratulate Matt Trout, he is now the new President of the Chamber of Commerce.
ADJOURNMENT: Mayor Speiser called for motion to adjourn the meeting.