Marion City Council met June 26.
Marion City Council met June 26.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
___X__ Regular Meeting
___ ___ Continued Meeting
______ Special Meeting
___X__ Roll Call:
___X__ Minutes: Regular Meeting 06/12/2017.
__X___ Executive Session – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ Executive Minutes
______ Treasurer’s Report:
___X__ Approve Bills
___X__ Consent Agenda:
___X __ Public Comments:
______ Zoning Board
___X__ Commissioners Reports:
1. Rece Roper – Brick by Brick (bricks being sold with individuals name imprinted on the brick).
Council approval for Mr. Roper to sell the bricks and donate the funds to the South Market Street Repave project.
2. Sewer Department
Approve payment to Skuta Construction in the amount of $12,704.00 for relining 316 feet of sewer lines on N. Cunningham Street and 266 feet on College Street. Funds are budgeted to come from TIF money.
3. Police Department
a.Announcement – Steve Sloan selected by Merit Board to start as Police Officer July 3, 2017.
b. Council approval to make Shanna Askew Supervisor of Animal Control with
a $.30 an hour pay increase effective as of 06/24/2017.
4. Street Department
a. Approve bid/award contract for HMA Overlay, various City Streets.
b. Approve bid/award contract for South Market Street improvement.
c. Approve street maintenance for Cinder Seal on State Street from Morningside to Red Row. Budgeted item – Road & Bridge. $9,424.50 to Illini Asphalt.
5. The Hill Water Tower
Council Approval of Change Order for Water Tower by Interstate 57. Increase of $5,800.00 in cost of lighting for water tower. Funds from Marion Heights TIF II.
Downtown Restoration Loans
6. a. Council approval of Downtown Restoration Loan to Charles Yacob (C & L Development Group Inc.) for 108 E. Main Street – New entry doors, windows, soffit and fascia and electric for signage. Estimated cost of improvements $11,000.00.
b. Council Approval of Downtown Restoration Loan to Charles Yacob (C & L Development Group Inc.) for 110 E. Main Street. – New entry doors and windows, soffit and fascia and electric for signage with lighting to match 108 and 112 E. Main Street. Estimated cost of improvement $10,000.00.
Marion Carnegie Library
7. Council Approval to hire Amanda Villa to fill the position of Librarian I, recently vacated by Tiffany Steckenrider’s resignation.
8. Hub Recreation Center
a. Council approval of Part-time Hire Recommendations:
Ashleigh Franks – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hr. & Personal Trainer $30.00 /hr.
b. Council approval of Job Classification Additions;
Scarlett DeRousse – Swim Instructor $20.00/hr. (Currently Lifeguard)
c. Council Approval of Position Pay Rate Change:
Recommend Council approve an increase in Childwatch positions, currently at $8.25/hour, and Camp Counselor position currently at $8.50/hour, both to be made date retroactive 6/24/2017 (start of new pay period) – not pay retroactive.
9. Senior Citizens
Approval to hire Velma Thompson as a Kitchen Substitue at $8.25 per hour.To work on as needed.
10. Ordinance 3381 Ordinance accepting a Subdivision platted as Morningside Phase 11 Subdivision to the City of Marion, County of Williamson County, Illinois.
Developer: Jerry M. Barras, Managing Agent J.M.B. Development, LLC.
This item was on the agenda a few months ago but was never approved.
11. Ordinance 3385 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the Execution of a Professional Services Agreement for the First Amendment to the Marion Hill View TIF District by and between the City of Marion and Jacob and Klein, LTD. and The Economic Development Group, LTD.
12. Ordinance 3386 – An Ordinance Regulating Vacation Rentals in the City of Marion.
Organizations in this Story
1102 Tower Square Plaza
Marion, IL - 62959