Marion City Council met August 28.
Marion City Council met Aug. 28.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
___X__ Roll Call:
___X__ Minutes: Regular Meeting 0814/2017
___X__ Executive Session – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ Executive Minutes
______ Treasurer’s Report:
___X__ Approve Bills
___X__ Consent Agenda:
___X__ Public Comments:
___X__ Zoning Board
___X__ Commissioners Reports:
A. ORDINANCE 3392 – Hotel tax amendment.
B. ORDINANCE 3393 – Liquor Ordinance amendment.
1. ORDINANCE 3394 – An Ordinance authorizing the City of Marion to enter into a lease Agreement in the amount of $243,512.43 for a term of five years with US Bancorp to borrow funds to purchase five vehicles for the City of Marion.
2. Code Enforcement
a. Request for the following Variance at 816 W. Prairie Street, to intrude into the thirty (30) feet from the point of intersection.
(Eli & Bethany Gingrich)
b. Request for the following Variance at 1403 N. Glendale Street, a variance from the 3,000 square feet requirement for a 5-plex complex.
3. Hub Recreation Center
a. Council Approval of Part-Time Hire Recommendations for Hub Recreation Center Chesney Allen – Child Watch $9.00 / hour, Part-time Camp Counselor $9.00 / hour.
Blake Stowers – Fitness Attendant $9.00 / hour.
b. Council Approval of Job Classification Addition with additional Job Description Alek Jimenez – Current Staff
Sport Program Assistant – Flag Football – $12.00 / hour (Retroactive pay from period beginning 8/9/2017)
Sport Program Assistant – tackle Football – $12.00 / hour (Retroactive pay from period beginning 8/9/2017)
4. Housing Authority Of The City Of Marion
Request to appoint Monte Blue to complete the unexpired term of Larry Hughes, who passed away. Mr. Hughes’ term was scheduled to terminate December 29, 2018.
5. Council Approval of Refund of Tax Receipts.
6. ORDINANCE 3395 – An Ordinance vacating Wall Street Development , a subdivision located in a part of Section 15, Township 9 South, Range 2 East of the Third Principal Meridan.
7. ORDINANCE 3396 – An Ordiance approving and authorizing the execution of a First Amendment to the Tax Increment (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Melise’s Consignment Boutique and Stephen Glenn Smith Trust and Jo Rana Smith Trust. (Hub TIF)
8. ORDINANCE 3397- An Ordinance approving and authorizing the Execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and CCS Real Estate Holdings, LLC. Meadowland PKWY TIF
9. ORDINANCE 3398 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the Execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Jellen Enterprises Inc. ((Hub TIF)
Organizations in this Story
1102 Tower Square Plaza
Marion, IL - 62959