The City of Benton Fireman Pension Board met October 13
The City of Benton Fireman Pension Board met October 13.
Here is the agenda as provided by the board:
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
2. Public Comments
3. Minutes – Reading and approval of the minutes of the prior meeting(s)
a) July 14, 2017 – Regular Meeting
b) September 21, 2017 – Special Meeting
5. Review 40 ILCS 5/1-109.3 and Illinois Department of Insurance Advisory Opinion
letter dated January 13, 2012 regarding mandatory trustee training requirements
and action needed by Board to remove trustees for failure to comply with mandatory
trustee training requirements.
6. Discuss Status of Statutorily Required Trustee Training:
A) Richard Dale, seated on Board 10/10/2014 (as retired trustee)
7. Old Business
a) Remove Richard Dale from Board due to non-compliance with Illinois Statute
regarding mandatory trustee training requirements.
9. Treasurer’s Report – Lisa Meno
10. Investment Report – John Johnson of Zemenick & Walker
11. New Business
a) Discuss contract renewal with Zemenick & Walker (Expired 10/17/17)
b) Discuss and approve setting of 2018 board meeting dates (currently meet on
2nd Friday of quarterly months); (Suggested dates 1/12; 4/13; 7/13; 10/12/18
at 10:00 a.m.);
c) Review and discuss the IDOI Actuarial Report and tax levy, if available.
12. Application for Membership
13. Application for Benefits
14. Next Meeting Date (Fri., Jan. 18, 2018 @ 10:00 a.m.) / Adjournment
Organizations in this Story
500 West Main Street
Benton, IL - 62812