City of Waterloo - Economic Development Committee met October 2
City of Waterloo - Economic Development Committee met October 2.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
Members Present: Russ Thomas-Chairman, Clyde Heller, Steve Notheisen, Jim Hopkins, Russ Row.
Non-Members Present: Shawn Kennedy, Tom Smith, Sarah Deutch, Kyle Buettner
Petitions by Citizens on Non-Agenda Items- none
1. Petitions by Citizens on Non-Agenda Items- none
2. Solarbration Update- Sarah Deutch gave a wrap-up of the event. Explore Waterloo is currently
taking orders for shirts. Estimated 250+ sold after the event. The proceeds will help fund Explore
3. 2018 Visitor’s Guide. Cost of $2,375 and 115,000 are printed by Illinois South Tourism. We have
done this ad for several years. Motion to purchase ad by Clyde Heller, 2nd by Russ Row. Motion
4. 2018 Explore Waterloo Contribution- Contribution is $250. Sarah is our representative with the
group and they help promote Waterloo businesses. Motion to pay for membership by Russ Row,
2ns by Steve Notheisen. Motion passed 5-0.
5. Christmas Walk-Donation request of $350 (same as last year). Motion to donate by Steve
Notheisen, 2nd by Jim Hopkins. Motion passed 5-0
Motion to adjourn made by Russ Row 2nd by Clyde H made at 6:30 pm. Motion passed 5-0.