Waterloo City Council met November 5
Waterloo City Council met November 5.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Correction or Withdrawal of Agenda Items by Sponsor.
5. Approval of Minutes as Written or Amended.
6. Petitions by Citizens on Non-Agenda Items.
7. Reports and Communications from the Mayor and other City Officers.
A. Report of Collector.
B. Report of Treasurer.
C. Report of Zoning Administrator.
D. Report of Director of Public Works.
E. Report of Chief of Police.
F. Report of City Attorney
G. Report and Communication by Mayor.
1. Check Presentation to the Peterstown Heritage Society in the Amount of $807.62 for Proceeds from the PumpkinFest 50/50 Raffle.
2. Check Presentation to the Waterloo VFW in the Amount of $336.49 for the IMEA Electric Efficiency Incentive Grant.
3. Presentation of Commendation to the State Bank of Waterloo in Celebration of their 125th Anniversary.
4. Appointment of Lauren Voelker to the Planning Commission for a Two-Year Term to Expire 09-01-20.
8. Report of Standing Committees.
9. Report of Special Committees.
10. Presentation of Communications, Petitions, Resolutions, Orders and Ordinances by Aldermen.
A. Consideration and Action on Resolution No. 18-12 Authorizing 2019 MFT Funds in the Amount of $348,772.40.
B. Consideration and Action on Resolution No. 18-13 Authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Red Bud, the City of Chester, the City of Sparta, the Village of Evansville, the City of Columbia, the City of Waterloo, the Village of Valmeyer, the County of Randolph and the County of Monroe for the Creation of the Monroe-Randolph County Enterprise Zone.
C. Consideration and Action on Ordinance No. 1766 Establishing an Enterprise Zone within the City of Waterloo, IL.
11. Unfinished Business.
12. Miscellaneous Business.
A. Consideration and Action on Warrant No. 571
B. Consideration and Action on Renewal of Liability and Workers Compensation, and Equipment Breakdown Insurance Coverage with IMLRMA.
C. Consideration and Action on Approval of T.A. Contracting as Low Bidder in the Amount of $39,768.00 for the Water Plant Demolition Project as bid on October 23, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
D. Consideration and Action on Purchase of a Pre-Owned Digger-Derrick Truck.
E. Consideration and Action on Solicitation Request from the St. Louis Post Dispatch for their Annual Old Newsboys Day Event to be held on November 15, 2018 at the Intersections of Main/Mill, Main/First and Rogers/Hamacher.
F. Consideration and Action on Solicitation Request from the VFW for their Annual Poppy Days Event to be held on November 17, 2018, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., at the Intersections of Main / Mill and Rogers / Hamacher.
G. Consideration and Action on Special Event Permit Application #18-31-E from GLOW for their Annual Lighted Holiday Parade to be held on November 24, 2018 from approximately 5 – 7 p.m.
H. Consideration and Action on Executive Session for the Semi-Annual Minute Review as per 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21).
13. Discussion of Matters by Council Members Arising After Agenda Deadline.
14. Motion to Adjourn.