Steeleville Community Unit School District 138 Board met October 15.
Steeleville Community Unit School District 138 Board met Oct. 15.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Roll Call of Members: Lisa Ernsting Present
Fred Frederking Present
Jim Mevert Absent (Entered 7:01 p.m.)
Tim Mitchell Present
Lisa Lowry-Rohlfing Present
Rick Smith Present
Korey Bockhorn Present
Others Present: Stephanie Mulholland, Jennifer Haertling, Bill Grafton, Sheila Grafton, John Antonacci, Jennifer Armstrong, Nealy Hicks, John Sutton, Cheryl Kuhlman, Andrea Reiss and Kylie Mueller.
1. Rick Smith moved to approve the following consent agenda items as presented by Superintendent, Stephanie Mulholland. Lisa Lowry-Rohlfing seconded the motion.
A. Approve Board Minutes of Regular Meeting
B. Approve Itemized Bills for Current Month
C. Approve Estimated Payroll
D. Adopt Policy Changes
E. Accept Resignation of Neal Haertling as High School Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
F. Approve Aaron Hood as Volunteer High School Assistant Boys Basketball Coach
A Roll Call vote was taken: Smith – Aye; Lowry-Rohlfing – Aye; Ernsting – Aye; Frederking – Aye; Mevert – Aye; Mitchell – Aye; Bockhorn – Aye.
Motion Carried: 7 – Aye, 0 – Nay, 0 – Absent
2. Visitors – NONE
3. Jennifer Armstrong and Nealy Hicks presented curriculum information to the Board.
4. Fred Frederking moved to approve the 2017-2018 Audit from Scheffel Boyle. Rick Smith seconded the motion. A Roll Call vote was taken: Frederking – Aye; Smith – Aye; Ernsting – Aye; Mevert – Aye; Mitchell – Aye; Lowry-Rohlfing – Aye; Bockhorn – Aye.
Motion Carried: 7- Aye, 0 – Nay, 0-Absent
5. Informational Items on the Agenda
A. Budget Summary, Cash Fund Balances, Activity Fund Balances
B. Assistant Superintendent’s Report
1. Mrs. Haertling reported that Michelle Mohr presented at the State Reading Conference.
2. Mrs. Haertling informed the board that HS Golf season is over and no students advanced out of the Regional.
3. The Cross Country Conference meet was held on Saturday, October 13th at New Athens and the Regional will be held on Saturday, October 20th in DuQuoin. The Boys won the Conference Title and 5 runners received All-Conference honors for placing in the top 10.
4. The Volleyball team season continues until the end of October. Five seniors will be recognized on October 18th at the last home game.
5. Mrs. Haertling informed the board that Basketball Season Ticket holders have been given the chance to renew their seats.
6. Red Ribbon Week at the High School will be held October 15th – 19th. Lifesavers will be sponsoring dress up days to raise awareness.
7. Homecoming week will be held October 29th to November 3rd. There will be daily dress up themes. Battle of the Classes will be held on Thursday, November 1st. The Homecoming dance will be on Saturday, November 3rd.
8. The Blue and White game will be held on Thursday, November 8th. There will be a spaghetti supper prior to the game.
C. SEA Negotiations – Dr. Mulholland reported that a contract has not been settled.
D. Active Intruder Training – Dr. Mulholland and Mrs. Haertling reported on the Active Intruder Drills that were held at the high school and grade school. They both felt that it went well. The teachers in attendance also spoke about the day and felt that it was beneficial to the students.
6. Executive Session –Rick Smith moved to go in to executive session at 7:22 p.m. Jim Mevert seconded the motion. A Roll Call vote was taken: Smith – Aye; Mevert – Aye; Ernsting – Aye; Frederking – Aye; Mitchell – Aye; Lowry-Rohlfing – Aye; Bockhorn – Aye.
Motion Carried: 7 – Aye, 0-Nay, 0 - Absent
Lisa Ernsting moved to return to regular session at 8:34 p.m. Tim Mitchell seconded the motion. A voice vote was taken: 7 – Aye, 0-Nay, 0-Abstain
7. Rick Smith moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 p.m. Tim Mitchell seconded the motion. A voice vote was taken: 7 – Aye, 0 – Nay, 0 – Absent