Steeleville Community Unit School District 138 Board met January 21
Steeleville Community Unit School District 138 Board met Jan. 21.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Roll Call of Members: Lisa Ernsting Present
Fred Frederking Present
Jim Mevert Present
Tim Mitchell Absent
Lisa Lowry-Rohlfing Absent
Rick Smith Present
Korey Bockhorn Present
Others Present: Stephanie Mulholland and Kylie Mueller
1. Rick Smith moved to approve the following consent agenda items as presented by Superintendent, Stephanie Mulholland. Lisa Ernsting seconded the motion.
A. Approve Board Minutes of Regular Meeting
B. Approve Itemized Bills for Current Month
C. Approve Estimated Payroll
D. Accept the resignation of Bill Grafton as High School Science Teacher.
E. Accept the resignation of Rob McSmith as part-time Grade School Custodian.
F. Approve the High School Graduation date of Sunday, May 19, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.
G. Conduct the First Reading of New Policies
H. Approve Neal Heartling as High School Track Coach for the spring season.
I. Approve the Science Club trip to Yellowstone on June 2-10, 2019.
A Roll Call vote was taken: Smith – Aye; Ernsting – Aye; Frederking – Aye; Mevert – Aye; Mitchell – Absent; Lowry-Rohlfing – Absent; Bockhorn – Aye.
Motion Carried: 5 – Aye, 0 – Nay, 2 – Absent
2. Informational Items on the Agenda
A. Budget Summary, Cash Fund Balances, Activity Fund Balances
B. Assistant Superintendent’s Report
Mrs. Haertling was not in attendance at the meeting, but there was some discussion on her written report.
1. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held February 6th and 7th from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
2. The StartUp Class started with 14 students. Ten of those students dropped the program including the seven students from Steeleville.
3. The St. Mark’s sports co-op discussion is still ongoing. Jim Mevert reported that St. Mark’s held an informational meeting for parents and church members.
6. Rick Smith moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:12 p.m. Jim Mevert seconded the motion.
A voice vote was taken: 5 – Aye, 0 – Nay, 2 – Absent