City of Chester Beautification/Tourism Commission met Nov. 21.
Here is the agenda provided by the commission:
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes Cynthia Lawder
Treasurer’s Report Linda Rader
Public Petitions & Correspondence
Standing Committee Reports
- Anti-Litter (Campaign for care of property) Bruce Luthy, Sr.
- Banners/Christmas Lights Tom Sauer
- Farmer’s Market Tom Sauer
- Planters ?
- Riverboat/Tour Programming JoAnn Simmons/Linda Rader/Patti Carter
- Take Pride Award JoAnn Simmons/Linda Rader
- Historic Preservation Brenda Owen
- Riverfront Improvement Tom Sauer/Sandra Starr
- Popeye Statue self-guided tour Brenda Owen
- Public Relations Sandra Starr/Cynthia Lawder/Bob Lockhart
- City Council update Ray Allison
- Welcome Center update Linda Sympson
- Randolph County Tourism ?
- Ideas for vacant lot at corner of State Rt 150 and Swanwick Ray Allison/Cynthia Lawder
- Building mural Brenda Owen, Sandra Starr
- Tourist brochures JoAnn Simmons
- Mythic Mississippi project with U of I Brenda Owen
- National Park Service partnership Brenda Owen
- Christmas on the River Patti Carter
- Approve yearly ad in Scout Magazine at a cost of $225 Linda Sympson
- Discussion and possible action based upon committee reports
- Any other business that may come before the commission
Thursday, January 16 at 6:30 PM at City Hall