City of Waterloo Economic Development Committee met February 1.
City of Waterloo Economic Development Committee met Feb. 1.
Here is the minutes provided by the Committee:
Members Present: Russ Thomas-Chairman, Clyde Heller, Steve Notheisen, Russ Row.
Members Absent: Jim Hopkins
Non Members Present: Shawn Kennedy, Sarah Deutch,.
1. Petitions by Citizens on Non Agenda Items- none
2. Spring/Summer Tourism Times Ad. Cost same as last year $786. Motion by Russ Row, 2nd by Clyde Heller to approve. Motion passed 4-0.
3. Website. Discussion of using outside consulting to help design & implement the new website. Committee recommended we enter into an agreement with Verocity to help update and maintain the website per Sarah’s proposal.
4. Millers Program Ad. Sarah brought this to the committee early awaiting the formal request. Motion by Steve Notheisen, 2nd by Russ Row to approve an ad up to $400, same as past years. Motion passed 4-0.
5. Military Heritage Day. Discussion to help promote the Militray Heritage Day. Committee discussed using the Solarbration and Bicentennial events as a guideline. Motion by Clyde Heller, 2nd by Russ Row to use $2,500 to promote Military Heritage Day. Motion passed 4-0.
6. Brochure Displays. Discussion about purchasing Brochure racks for local businesses. Sarah showed a few different sizes, ranging in price up to $170 each. Committee recommended a list of places to place the displays and come back to the committee. The committee was in favor of the inexpensive method of promoting our city to visitors and residents.
Motion to adjourn made by Steve Notheisen 2nd by Russ Row made at 3:55 pm. Motion passed 4-0.