Monroe County Ymca recently issued the following announcement.
Join us for Northwest Fest at the Northwest Y from November 5-9, 2019! We're hosting an Open House on Tuesday through Saturday at our Northwest Y, and Joiner Fees will be waived at both facilities on Saturday, Nov. 9!
Northwest Fest is FREE and OPEN to the public; you DO NOT need to be a Y member to join in the fun!
Schedule of Events
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5: HEALTHY LIVING DAY
- 5:30-6:30 pm: Self-Defense Seminar with Jason and Kirsten Winkle
- 5:30-6:30 pm: General Nutrition with Stacey Matavuli
- 6:30-7:30 pm: Healthy Eating on a Budget with Stacey and Ashley in the Community Room
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6: SENIOR DAY
- 9:00-9:45 am: Aqua Fit Shallow Group Exercise Class
- 10:00-10:45 am: Aqua Fit Deep Group Exercise Class
- 11:15 am-12:00 pm: Senior Strength Lunch and Learn (lunch provided!)
- 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 5:00-7:00 pm: Prayer table with healthy snacks and a scripture basket to share what you need us to pray for.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7: GROUP EX DAY
- 5:30-6:15 pm: Cardio Kickboxing
- 6:00-6:45 pm: Pilates Fusion
- 6:15-6:45 pm: Power Pump
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8: SPLISH SPLASH, AQUATICS DAY
- 6:30-8:30 pm: Luau Pool Party Open Swim with games for youth ages six months to 12 years
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9: YOUTH SPORTS TAILGATE
Youth sports clinics in the gym from 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Ages 3-12 are welcome to participate! Each clinic will begin with five minutes of skill/drill practice followed by 25 minutes of play.
Plus, we’re hosting a cookout with hot dogs, chips, and water along with a chance to win a $10 coupon for upcoming youth sports programs at our Northwest Y. We’ll also have putt putt and t-shirt giveaways throughout the morning in the lobby. Bring your friends, family, neighbors, and for this jam-packed morning of fun!
- 10:00-10:30 am: Youth Soccer Clinic
- 10:30-11:00 am: Youth Lacrosse Clinic
- 11:00-11:30 am: Youth Basketball Clinic
- 11:30 am-12:00 pm: Youth Volleyball Clinic
Original source can be found here.
Source: Monroe County Ymca